Makeup for black women has several aspects to it & it is difficult to find makeup ideas for them. Here you can find the top beauty hacks for the women of color!’, ‘No need to spend hours in front of a mirror to get makeup for black women perfect.
Make up for black women has several aspects to it and the most important is finding the perfect make up that suits their skin tone. Make up is really fun when you know how to make it work perfectly for you. Think you will agree with me when I say: It’s really hard to find the perfect makeup ideas that actually work for dark skin tone.
Well, it turns out, you can dramatically enhance your beauty and look by adding some simple and easy steps to your routine makeup…. steps that help 98% of our buyers, easily add charm to their look every day.
And in this post, we’re going to show you what these hacks are and how exactly you can use. It will definitely make applying makeup much easier and ensure that you always have the look you desire for.
Eye Makeup for Black Women
Eyes are window to the soul and speak more than the words’. Do you want to make this work for your eyes as well? Black Beauties are considered to have eloquent eyes and that is why perfect eye makeup for black women is entailed to make them look more natural and alluring.
Transform your eyes into an interactive instrument and depict the beauty within you. Here are some tips for the flawless Eye Makeup for black women:
Party Eye Makeup for Black Women
Are you going for a party and want to give your eyes a charismatic look? No worries!
Black women have variety of choices and have great taste as they can opt for bright and bold shades like blue, green, red as well soft and somber color like sand, copper, brown and pink.
If you are getting ready for day time party then it is advisable to stick to neutral shades whereas for the party at night you can easily go with purple, mauve, blue, red and rich chocolate.
Then enhance further your eyes with eyeliner and then give it a final touch with 2-3 coats of mascara. Try out this interesting mascara Vital Hair Mascara Dark Brown to make your appearance more vibrating.
To have a perfect party eye makeup for black women and shine with doe eyes tread ahead with the help of the following guide:
Eyebrows for Black Women
Eyebrows form a very important part of eye makeup for every girl. Also, Eyebrows enhance and accentuate the features of your eyes.
Makeup of eyebrows for black women needs to be taken special care. To make it work perfectly for your brows and give it a natural shape it is suggested that women with black skin stay away from dark eyebrow fillers.
You should always go for eyebrow filler that is more on the chocolate brown shades to compliment your eyebrows. Fill in your brows and this will frame your eyes and help your eyes gleam like diva in the party.
Smokey Eye for Black Women
Ahhh, the Smokey eyes, a raunchy look….all black women want it but most of them don’t have idea how to attain it. Let me tell you one secret….!! Smokey eye is not about color rather technique. How to make my eyes look smoldering, Hot, and sultry…this is what most black women want to know.
One adoring thing about Smokey eyes is that they go perfectly with any eye shape – be it mono-lid, droopy, deep set, wide set or close set.
The heavy liner and eye shadows can be used to give any shape you desire to your eyes, correcting the little imperfections as you go and make them look elegant, sexy and sophisticated. Let’s start with it:
- Begin with a good primer as it helps to absorb the color in eye shadow. This is especially important when doing a smokey eye.
- Use a light concealer like L.A. Girl’s HD Pro Concealer GC974 NUDE as it can serve as your brow bone highlight.
- The filling effect of this product allows it to get settled into the wrinkles, fine lines and pores thereby preventing their appearance from the skin.
- It is advisable to use matte highlight for smokey eye for black women.
- Choose the color you want to make smokey and apply with brush (preferably flat) on the whole eyelid till you get to the crease
- Then buff the color out until it evenly spreads
- Line the outside of your eye generously. Take the flat brush and put a little of the same shadow you used on the top and smudge the liner with the brush.
- For a final touch add a black liner to the inside top waterline for interesting drama.
How to apply Eyeliner for Black Women?
One of the biggest secret weapons for making eyes of black women look bigger and sultry is Eyeliner.
Here are some tips for creating a basic day time look and a bolder night time look with liners.
Make your day time look simple, elegant and classy by applying your eyeliner from the outer corner of the eye towards the middle of your eye. Use short and soft strokes to work the liner into the base of the lashes, rather than drawing a line on top of them.
To give your eyes a sexy look in the night time with bold eyeliner looks dip a moistened angled brush into a shade of eye shadow and use that to go over your lined eyes.
Play and experiment with your eyeliner to make your eyes more beautiful by using two different colors of eyeliner on the top and bottom lash lines, the more creative the better!
You can try eyeliner like Vital Water Proof Dip EyeLiner Black for desired results.
Eye Shadow Makeup for Black Women
Black women with dark skin are blessed but the only downside is finding the perfect make up for their skin tone to make their appearance go more bold and beautiful.
As far as eye shadows are concerned, you might feel like you have to add too many coats before it even shows up on your dark skin. But makeup maestro Lucky Smyler suggests you to avoid shades like whites, pale blues, pale pinks, and pale greens. They can make you look ashy. Here you have an interesting eye shadow palette Vital Eye Shadow Spice that can do wonders to your look whether it is a party or your office.
Face Makeup for Black Women
Finding suitable makeup for the dark skin is really challenging and therefore choosing face makeup for black women is a herculean task in itself. Choice of makeup for black women is very important because it can either make or break your personality and appearance. So here I will help you to discover the best in you with all the necessary steps need to be followed for a perfect look. So let’s start:
How to Apply Concealer to Black Skin?
\r\nConcealer is an enigma to many as it is a product which many black women either love or hate to apply to their skin and that is due to the way it is being used.
Concealer is a magical product which can do wonder to your looks. Whether you’re using it to hide a notch or scar or to add new definition to your look, concealer can be your new best friend. Shades like Orange-based tones are ideal for dark skin.
Once you are done with your selection of shade then comes the application. So here is how Black women should apply concealer to make your skin glaze perfectly:
- Start with a clean, moisturized face.
- Moisturizer helps in plumping your skin and gives it a smooth foundation which makes blending easier.
- Use a brush or gently pat concealer on using your ring finger.
- Blend the edges of the concealed area in a circular motion to avoid uneven lines in the final look, and set it with a loose powder before applying foundation.
- Use a cream concealer under your eyes since this is a sensitive area of the face. Also be cautious of using a shade that’s too light to prevent raccoon effect.
- Apply a thin line of concealer right along your upper and lower brow lines to highlight your brows and blend it properly.
You can also use Concealer as a lipstick primer. Just dab it on before applying the lip color.
How to Pick a Foundation and Apply on Black Skin?
Natural and perfect makeup for black women starts with identifying one’s skin undertone. It is irrational to categorize all black women as women with dark brown skin, as there are several shades of browns and even beige, which account for dark skin.
Thus, your first step should be to identify your skin tone and the undertone. Most of the black women have blue undertone and those with lighter skin color may have pink or gold undertone.
There are several options with you of choosing a foundation in various forms like liquid, gel, cream or stick. Foundations with yellow base look best on black women as they complement their every skin undertone.
Here is how you should apply the foundation on your skin
- Clean your face and moisturize it before applying foundation.
- Use your fingers or a cotton swab to apply the foundation in small portions on all the portions of your face like forehead, cheeks, chin, near your eyes and nose.
- Now blend it properly so that the end result is smooth and even.
- Give a final touch with loose powder on a brush and make quick, sweeping motions to blend the makeup well.
- Leave no visible boundary where your makeup meets your skin.
How to Apply Bronze & Silver Makeup for Black Women
Bronzer can do great wonders on your skin adding an amazing glow and subtle color to your makeup. This is how Black women should apply bronzer:
- Lightly tap the brush into your bronzer using your powder brush. Start off with a light application and add more if necessary.
- Be cautious where the sun would naturally hit your face like your forehead, around your cheekbones, down the center of your nose and along the sides of your face. Apply one coat of bronzer there.
- Blend the bronzer well and try to get the color progression to be as smooth and even as possible all around your face.
- Give a set feel with a finishing powder which is optional as bronzer is typically a powder itself but even then we recommend it!
- Similar steps you can follow if you are going with Silver glow makeup for your skin.
How to Use Highlighter on Black Skin?
For black women highlighting your face to make it look slimmer and more glamorous is very important. Highlighting darker skin is slightly different than contouring lighter skin. Use a shade lighter than your natural skin tone to highlight and spend more time in blending. Highlighting can take a long time but this can give you a stunning look at the end.
How to Apply Blush to Black Skin?
Blush is another highlight for the face highlighting your cheek bones and face structure. Here is how blush should be applied to black skin:
- Use minimum product and a blush brush applied starting at the apple of the cheek (rounded part of the cheek when smiling) trailing back to the area atop the ear.
- Apply it in an angle with light pressure.
- There will be a slight wash of color at the end that brings an astonishing effect to your face.
Lips Makeup for Black Women
Black women are truly blessed with beautiful thick lips which if given a proper makeup acts as an icing on the cake. Basically, the darker your skin, the more colors you can wear. Here is how you should apply lip color perfectly:
Voila! Perfect lips!
Black women or women with an olive skin tone should preferably opt for reds in rust or bright plum instead of ruby or poppy red. Rich dark toffee colors as well as brown lipsticks work incredibly well for dark skinned women. Make your lips look brighter and attractive with some of the nice lip colors from brands like Dorris Michael or Vital Makeup which you can easily get on FairnessCo.
For more make up inspiration you can refer to dark-skinned beauty vloggers like
JeNeevaLove who consistently create videos to inspire other black women to step out of their comfort zones. Beauty is exceptional and difficult to explain but ‘beauty’ attains its real meaning when you feel beautiful from within. Don’t hesitate to experiment. Play around and check out what works best for you. Black is always beautiful so keep on exploring yourself!!